What is a Temporary Process Number?
If participants wishing to attend a safe pass course do NOT have an Irish PPS they MAY be eligible to apply for a Temporary Process Number in order to gain entry onto the course.
Who IS eligible to apply for a Temporary Process Number?
Participants who are employed by an NON-Irish employer (i.e. contact staff) who do not have an Irish PPS number.
Who is NOT eligible to apply for a Temporary Process Number?
Participants who are employed by an Irish employer who do not have an Irish PPS number are not eligible to apply for a Temporary Process Number, instead they must wait until their PPS number is supplied to them before proceeding to attend the safe pass course.
What is needed to apply?
To apply for the Temporary Process Number 2 documents are required:
- STB Process Number Template (Excel Sheet), this currently asks the following information:
- Candidates Details: Forename, Surname, Date of Birth, Country of Origin
- Candidates Employer Details: Employer’s Name, Address, Email Address and Contact Telephone Number
- Main Contractor’s Details: Contractor’s Name, Address, Email Address and Contact Telephone Number
- Site Location in Ireland
- Headed Letter
This letter should be on the candidates employer’s letterhead and detail the following:
- Name of Candidates Employer, Full Postal Address, Telephone Number and Email Address.
- “To Whom it may concern, I hereby confirm that the following persons are employed by us and intend on working on the following project:” Name(s) of candidate(s), Candidates National Insurance Number/ Passport Number
- “Candidates employer is subcontracting for the following company:” Main Contractors Name, Address, Contact Name, Telephone Number and Email Address.
- Project Details
Example: “Bypass Extension, Address of project”
- Signed on behalf of Candidates Employer
How long does the Temporary Process Number take to be issued?
The time it takes for a Temporary Process Number to be issued can vary, as such we recommend returning applications at least 10-working days in advance in order to ensure they are received before the course commences.