Accredited Team Leadership Training Course
This accredited Team Leadership course looks at the principle theories and styles of leadership plus the role and key functions of a team leader including motivation, communication, planning, goal setting and delegation.
Available as an Public Course
Organisations are fundamentally about people working together to achieve agreed goals and objectives. Team Leaders and Supervisors therefore need to develop effective teams which are all working interdependently, with cohesion and team spirit, in order to reach the organisation’s common objectives.
The Team Leader or Supervisor’s role is to focus on day to day performance of the team and its members. The Team Leader has responsibility for allocating tasks between team members, for ensuring that individuals are supported in the performance of their job role and that output conforms to the requirements of the organisation.
This accredited team leadership course looks at the principle theories and styles of leadership plus the role and key functions of a team leader including motivation, communication, planning, goal setting and delegation.
On completion of this team leadership course participants will:
- Understand the stages of team development
- Identify different types of team and their different function
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team leader
- Distinguish between leadership and management
- Understand the principle theories of leadership
- Critically evaluate a range of leadership styles
- Be able to distinguish between organisational strategy, objectives and goals
- Understand and be able to establish SMART objectives
- Plan and communicate organisational goals in a team environment.
- Evaluate a range of motivational theories and how they impact on a team
- Develop effective communication and meeting skills
- Understand how to delegate tasks and responsibilities to the team members
- Know how to lead and monitor a team project/task
- Know how to take corrective action for the successful completion of a team project/task
- Know how to evaluate the final outcomes against organisational objectives
A maximum of 10 participants can attend each Team Leadership training session.
Accredited Team Leadership training sessions are a 5-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Team Leadership course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification has no defined expiry date.
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
- Skills demonstration