Using Airtable for Efficient Administration (Spreadsheets)
Airtable is a cloud collaboration spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. This tool is entirely flexible, set up correctly it will streamline administration tasks and save users time, increasing office efficiency.
This course is delivered as an instructional course to the end user office administrator. Moreover, a bespoke version of this course can also be delivered to managers and entrepreneurs. This course is for anyone who struggles to make traditional spreadsheets work for and fit their business data.
NOT Available as a Public Course
On competition of this course participants will:
- Understand how to use the Airtable software, and create custom databases specific to their requirements
- Be able to design a database which effectively manages data (in line with their needs)
- Understand how to link between tables and preserve data integrity
- Be able to import data from other sources (e.g. excel, access, jotform, .csv files etc.)
- Be able to sort and filter data, combined with use of multiple views to increase efficiency
- Be able to share their database with others for effective collaboration
- Understand how to publish their views, embedding their database on webpages (e.g. WordPress), sharing data via links, and exporting data (e.g. to Microsoft Excel)
- You should NOT book this course if your company does not allow use of outside tools
- Overview of relational databases
- Overview of Airtable
- Creating a workspace
- Creating a database from scratch
- Primary key
- Setting up field types
- Adding records (importing data from other sources)
- Data integrity
- Linking between tables
- Combining multiple tables into one table with multiple views
- Using formulas
- Creating forms
- Publishing views (embedding and exporting)
- Database design workshop
A maximum of 8 participants can attend each Using Airtable for Efficient Administration training session.
Using Airtable for Efficient Administration training sessions are usually a 1-day in duration.
On successful competition of the Using Airtable for Efficient Administration course participants will receive a House Certificate. The certification has no defined expiry date.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants are required to have basic computer literacy
- Familiarity with Excel is a plus, but not required
- The training room needs to be set up to provide each participant with access to a PC or laptop computer.
Summary Of Assessments
- Feedback is given to participants during the workshop element of this course.
- Training Matters Limited is not licensed by or affiliated of Airtable.
- Airtable® is a registered trademark of Formagrid, Inc. (DBA Airtable).