CARDIAC FIRST RESPONSE RE-CERTIFICATION Training Course
The Cardiac First Response Instructor Refresher training course is referred to as: Cardiac First Response Refresher Instruction, Cardiac First Responder Refresher Instructor, Cardiac First Responder Instruction Refresher, CFR Instructor Refresher and CFR Instruction Refresher.
This course enables participants who have previously completed the Cardiac First Response Instructor course to keep their qualification active and recognised.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Keep their CFR Instruction qualification active and recognised.
- Explain the new developments in first aid.
- Display up-to-date skills and knowledge related to the delivery of CFR courses.
- A review and assessment of CPR & related skills
- An explanation of all current CFR CPG’s
- A scenario based assessment of an unresponsive simulated patient and delivery of one shock
- A review of AED safety measures
- A review of indications for AED use
- A review of indications for aspirin administration
- A review and assessment of instructional techniques
- A review of learning points arising from the group’s experiences of CPR and AED use, aspirin administration and interaction with cardiac
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007: Part 7 – Chapter 2: Regulation 165(1)(b) requires employers to designate at each place of work under the employer’s control the number of occupational first-aiders as is necessary, and to give first aid training at the place of work concerned.
A maximum of 8 participants can attend each CFR Instruction Re-Certification training session.
Cardiac First Response Instruction Re-Certification training sessions are 1-day in duration.
On successful competition of the CFR Instruction Re-Certification course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification will expire after 2 years.
Participants are required to renew their training by completing the CFR Instruction Re-Certification course again. Renewals should happen before the certification expires, or sooner if indicated by their company’s risk assessment.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must hold a valid CFR Instruction certificate (copy needs to be provided)
- Participants must hold a valid CFR certificate (copy needs to be provided)
- Proof of CFR courses delivered, a minimum of 4 courses withing the preceding 2 -year period
These can be stand alone or as part of a FAR course
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
Each participant will be assessed in 2 areas’. Firstly, they will be assessed in their CPR skills and knowledge using the the Accreditation Providers skill-sheets and the CFR Instructor MCQ. Then they will be assessed on their instructional methods by being asked to teach a small portion of the CFR course as part of the day.
Do you know where the closest Defibrillator is to your workplace? During an incident time is of the essence, make sure you know where to find this lifesaving equipment.
Guidelines on what should be included in your workplace first aid kit.
Guide to administering Emergency Medications in the workplace.