Cardiac First Response Advanced Training Course
The Cardiac First Response Advanced training course is also refered to as CFR Advanced, or CFR Healthcare Providers course.
This is designed to provide participants with the ability to recognise several life-threatening emergencies. The Advanced Cardiac First Responder plays a vital role in keeping a person alive until they can receive expert clinical care. Healthcare providers are most likely to have a duty to respond. This advanced course builds on the basic life support skills at CFR Community level and includes: using an oropharyngeal airway (OPA), a supraglottic airway (SGA), and a bag-valve-mask (BVM), checking the patient’s pulse, giving oxygen, suction and post resuscitation care.
Available as an Onsite Course
NOT Available as a Public Course
- Display skills and knowledge related to the delivery of a CFR Advanced.
- Display the requisite personal skills including: composure, competence and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
- Provide first aid in a healthcare provider setting.
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness or injury in a pre-hospital environment.
- Calling the emergency medical services for assistance and provide adequate cover until their arrival.
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but are necessary to prevent further harm.
- Patient assessment
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) – adult, child, and infant
- Use of face masks
- Automated external defibrillator – AED
- Recovery position (safe airway)
- Airway obstruction and choking
- Cardiac emergencies: heart attack and stroke
- Aspirin administration for heart attack
- Oxygen therapy
- Suction devices
- Oropharygeal airways (OPA)
- Bag valve mask ventilation (BVM)
- Advanced airway: non-inflatable supraglottic airway (SGA)
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Do you know where the closest Defibrillator is to your workplace? During an incident time is of the essence, make sure you know where to find this lifesaving equipment.
Guidelines on what should be included in your workplace first aid kit.
Guide to administering Emergency Medications in the workplace.