FIRST AID RESPONSE REFRESHER Training Course
This course is referred to as First Aid Response Refresher, First Aid Responder Refresher or FAR Refresher. This course replaces the Occupational First Aid Refresher course or OFA Refresher.
The new 2-Day First Aid Response Refresher training course enables participants who have previously completed the 3-day first aid course to keep their qualification active and recognised. Participants who hold a valid 3-day First Aid Response, 3-day Occupational First Aid, and 1-day Occupational First Aid Refresher certificate are eligible to attend.
COVID-19 First Aid Re-certification
Due to COVID-19, first aid responders whose certification lapsed in from March 2020 and were unable to complete their refresher training during the lock-down, were given time to re-certify at a later date.
This deadline date for re-certification has now been announced as the 31st March 2021.
Participants who postponed re-certification due to COVID-19 and miss the 31st March 2021 deadline will no longer be eligible to attend the refresher training course. Read More…
The Health & Safety Authority have advised they will continue to recognise first aid responders existing FAR certification during the COVID-19 pandemic while they wait to be re-certified. Read More…
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
- Keep their first aid qualification active and recognised.
- Explain the new developments in first aid.
- Display up-to-date skills and knowledge related to the delivery of a first aid response.
- Display the requisite personal skills including: composure, competence and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
- Provide first aid in the workplace and other environments, including: home and recreational settings.
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness or injury in a pre-hospital environment.
- Calling the emergency medical services for assistance and provide adequate cover until their arrival.
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but are necessary to prevent further harm, before the arrival of a healthcare provider.
- Record and report the actions and interventions taken when providing first aid during an incident.
- Patient assessment
- Incident procedure
- Cardiac First Response (CFR)
- Common medical emergencies
- Injury management and shock
- Care of the unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injuries
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Information management and communications
- Wellbeing of the First Aid Responder
Course Entry Requirements
Participants must have a valid first aid certificate.*
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
- There is no 90-day grace period associated with this course if the participant currently holds a valid First Aid Response or First Aid Response Refresher certificate.
- We require a copy of the participant’s previous First Aid Response or First Aid Response Refresher certificate. (1 document)
- Both days of the First Aid Response Refresher course must fall before the current cert expires.
In exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the training centre and accreditation provider, a 30-day grace can be requested.
- There will be a 30 or 90-day grace period associated with this course if the participant currently holds a valid Occupational First Aid or Occupational First Aid Refresher certificate.
- For onsite courses we can honor the 90-day grace period, but please advise us of when the participants certs went out of date (at time of booking) so we can ensure we have assigned a trainer who recognises grace period required.
- For public courses, the grace period can vary from 30 or 90-days, we have updated our schedule below to indicate the grace period being recognised with the partner training provider for each course.
- We require a copy of the participant’s previous Occupational First Aid or Occupational First Aid Refresher certificates.
- We require both the “House Certificate” which states the actual dates the course was attended and when the certification expires
- And we require the “Accredited Certificate” (Which only states the date which the accreditation provider processed the certificate).
- Both certifications are needed in order to verify the participant is eligible to attend the First Aid Response Refresher course. (2 documents)
- Both days of the First Aid Response Refresher course must fall before the grace period ends.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
- Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) Exam
- Skills Assessment (x5)
This blog post discusses options regarding the delivery of first aid training during COVID-19.
Do you know where the closest Defibrillator is to your workplace? During an incident time is of the essence, make sure you know where to find this lifesaving equipment.
Guidelines on what should be included in your workplace first aid kit.
Text Books Provided
First Aid Response Refresher Courses