First Aid Response Training Course
This course is referred to as First Aid Response, First Aid Responder or FAR. This course replaces the Occupational First Aid course or OFA.
The new First Aid Response training course is a foundation first aid course that trains participants to provide first aid for a person who becomes suddenly unwell or injured until the arrival of emergency medical services.
This course is designed to meet a company’s occupational first aid requirements. However, this course is also very popular with individuals who would like to gain first aid skills and knowledge e.g. parents, sports clubs, community groups etc.
COVID-19 First Aid Re-certification
Due to COVID-19, first aid responders whose certification lapsed in from March 2020 and were unable to complete their refresher training during the lock-down, were given time to re-certify at a later date.
This deadline date for re-certification has now been announced as the 31st October 2020.
Participants who postponed re-certification due to COVID-19 and miss the 31st October 2020 deadline will no longer be counted as occupational first aider until they complete the full 3-day course again.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
- Display skills and knowledge related to the delivery of a first aid response.
- Display the requisite personal skills including: composure, competence and self-confidence, while understanding their limitations.
- Provide first aid in the workplace and other environments, including: home and recreational settings.
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness or injury in a pre-hospital environment.
- Calling the emergency medical services for assistance and provide adequate cover until their arrival.
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but are necessary to prevent further harm, before the arrival of a healthcare provider.
- Record and report the actions and interventions taken when providing first aid during an incident.
- Patient assessment
- Incident procedure
- Cardiac First Response (CFR)
- Common medical emergencies
- Injury management and shock
- Care of the unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injuries
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Information management and communications
- Wellbeing of the First Aid Responder
Please note, there is no 90-day grace period associated with this course.
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
This blog post discusses options regarding the delivery of first aid training during COVID-19.
Do you know where the closest Defibrillator is to your workplace? During an incident time is of the essence, make sure you know where to find this lifesaving equipment.
Guidelines on what should be included in your workplace first aid kit.
Text Books Provided
First Aid Response Courses