FOOD SAFETY & HACCP Training Course
HACCP is a systematic preventative approach to food safety. EU legislation requires all food businesses to operate a food safety system based on the principles of HACCP.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles of food safety.
- Be able to demonstrate the highest food hygiene standard and guarantee food quality and product safety.
- Understand the principles of HACCP and take a lead role within their own workplace in putting HACCP plans in place including evaluation of food Hazards in their own processing operations.
- Be able to evaluate their own food operation with respect to hygiene, food safety and quality management in the context of:
- Legislative requirements
- Requirement of voluntary standards
- Customer/consumer requirements
- Under the causes and prevention of food spoilage and adopt measures for controlling hazards.
- Understand the principles behind food safety management and prerequisite requirements in general including controlling hazards, requirements for personal hygiene, cleaning, pest control, general hygiene in the workplace and supplier control.
- Introduction to food safety
- Introduction to HACCP and its principles
- Food hazards and their control
- Hygiene and the workplace
- HACCP plans: application, development and implementation
- General management, prerequisite requirements and supplier control
It is a legal requirement that staff who are involved in a food environment are trained and/or supervised commensurate with their work activity. The responsibility for the supervision and training of staff lies with the proprietor of the food business.
Staff responsible for the development and maintenance of the food business’s HACCP based procedures must have received adequate training in the application of the HACCP principles.
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each Food Safety and HACCP training session.
Food Safety and HACCP training sessions are 4-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Food Safety and HACCP course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification has no defined expiry date.
Participants are required to keep their skills up to date through ongoing continued professional development (CPD).
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must have at least 6 months experience in catering environment
- or have a previous qualification in Food Hygiene.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.