Forklift instruction refresher Training Course
This Forklift Instruction Refresher or Forklift Instructor Refresher course, enables participants who have previously completed the 10-day Forklift Instruction course to keep their qualification active and recognised.
This course is ideal for both professional trainers and in-house trainers in larger organisations
COVID-19 Rider Operator Lift Truck Training Requirements
Health & Safety Authority:
“The Authority recognises that employers, as a result of national measures to prevent the spread of COVID 19, may find it challenging to source training courses or competent persons to provide the required training in the current circumstances. Notwithstanding any such difficulties, employers are reminded of their general duty to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the safety health and welfare at work of their employees and also others who may be present at the place of work. Employers are reminded of the need to take all measures, so far as reasonably practicable, to that end.
Requirements relating to Rider operated lift truck [ROLT] training are provided in Code of Practice Rider-operated lift trucks: operator training and Supplementary Guidance. This COP is currently undergoing revision as part of the Authority’s 2020 legislation update program.
The COP outlines that persons shall not work, nor be required to work, on, at or with any machine unless they have been fully instructed as to the dangers arising in connection therewith and the precautions to be observed and has received a sufficient training in work at the machine. The training of lift truck operators may be broken down into three stages:
Basic training – the basic skills and knowledge required for safe operation;
Specific job training – knowledge of workplace and experience of any special needs and handling attachments;
Familiarisation training – operation on the job under close supervision.
The Code of Practice advises only on basic training of lift truck operators and there is no specific requirement to provide refresher training after set intervals.”
(Health & Safety Authority Website, 11th May 2020), VIEW.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
This Forklift Instruction enables participants who have previously completed the 10-day Forklift Instruction course to keep their qualification active and recognised.
This course revisits topics on covered on the original Forklift Instruction course in order to refresh and update the participant.
- Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005.
- Instructional techniques.
- Safety responsibility of the operator.
- Workplace hazards.
- Assessment of participants operating abilities.
- Pre-service checks.
- Presentations of practical lessons by participants.
- Forklift truck operator testing, theory and practice.
A maximum of 6 participants can attend each Forklift Instruction Refresher training session.
Forklift Instruction Refresher training sessions are 5-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Forklift Instruction Refresher course participants will receive anAccredited Certificate. The certification will expire after 5-years.
Participants are required to renew their training by completing this Forklift Instruction Refresher course again. Renewals should happen before the certification expires, or sooner if indicated by their company’s risk assessment.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must have valid Forklift Operator Certificate(s).
- Participants must have valid in date Forklift Instruction Certificate.
- Copies of the participant’s forklift operator and forklift instruction certificates are required.
- The participant must provide their date of birth.
- The client is required to provide access to the forklift which the participants are being trained on during this course.
- The provided truck must hold a current Report of Thorough Examination, in the event the forklift does not have this, the training will not proceed but the training will still be charged.
- The client is also required to provide access to the site for the practical and suitable space for trainer and participants to demonstrate forklift maneuvers.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
- Participants complete a theoretical and practical exam.
- On successful completion of the exam participants are awarded an Accredited Forklift Instructor Certificate.
- This course is externally examined, which is included in the overall cost.
- Health and Welfare at Work 2010 Update (General Application) Regulations 2007
- S.I. No. 299/2007 – Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007
- Health & Safety Authority: Forklift Truck Operator Pre-Use Checklist and Poster
- Health & Safety Authority: Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Trucks
- Health & Safety Authority: Forklift Trucks