FORKLIFT INSTRUCTION Training Course
This Forklift Instruction or Forklift Instructor course, is suitable for those who wish to acquire a qualification as a Forklift Driving Instructor.
This course is ideal for both professional trainers and in-house trainers in larger organisations.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and present forklift instruction.
- Conduct and mark theoretical tests.
- Be fully familiar with forklift legislation and standards.
- Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005.
- Instructional techniques.
- Safety responsibility of the operator.
- Workplace hazards.
- Assessment of participants operating abilities.
- Pre-service checks.
- Presentations of practical lessons by participants.
- Forklift truck operator testing, theory and practice.
A maximum of 6 participants can attend each Forklift Instruction training session.
Forklift Instruction training sessions are 10-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Forklift Instruction course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification will expire after 5-years.
Participants are required to renew their training by completing the Forklift Instruction Refresher training course. Renewals should happen before the certification expires, or sooner if indicated by their company’s risk assessment.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must have a valid forklift operator certificate.
Copies of the participant’s forklift certificate and their date of birth are required.
- Participants must either be pre-qualified forklift operators or have successfully completed the requirements of the Novice Forklift Training Course.
- Participants must have completed the Novice Forklift Operator Training Course or received formal Forklift Operator Refresher Training within the 12 months prior to attending the Forklift Instructor course
- In both cases, they must have formal training in operating the type of truck on which they are expected to instruct e.g. Counterbalance , Reach, etc.
- The ideal candidate should have sufficient experience and skill in operating a forklift truck and be of a confident nature.
- It is recommended that participants have experience in warehousing and logistics.
- The client is required to provide access to the forklift which the participants are being trained on during this course.
- The provided truck must hold a current Report of Thorough Examination, in the event the forklift does not have this, the training will not proceed but the training will still be charged.
- The client is also required to provide access to the site for the practical and suitable space for trainer and participants to demonstrate forklift maneuvers.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
- This is an intensive 10-day programme that requires significant study.
Participants will receive theoretical study material to study and will undergo training on instructional techniques, workplace hazards, forklift operator testing, theory and practice.
- Participants complete a theoretical and practical exam.
- On successful completion of the exam participants are awarded an Accredited Forklift Instructor Certificate.
- This course is externally examined, which is included in the overall cost.
- Health and Welfare at Work 2010 Update (General Application) Regulations 2007
- S.I. No. 299/2007 – Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007
- Health & Safety Authority: Forklift Truck Operator Pre-Use Checklist and Poster
- Health & Safety Authority: Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Trucks
- Health & Safety Authority: Forklift Trucks