IMPLEMENTING FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS Course
The aim of the Implementing Food Safety and Management Systems Level-3 course is to provide participants with knowledge, skills, and a clearer understanding of the obligations, in regard to implementing a food safety management system.
This course is suitable for persons in a senior role in the food production industry, hospitality, healthcare and catering sector i.e. catering supervisors, head chefs and management team.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legal requirements for food business operators.
- Demonstrate knowledge with significant depth of biological, chemical, physical and allergen hazards and their causes.
- Demonstrate the skills described by the FSAI Level-3 guidelines.
- Implement and review a food safety management system.
- Food safety legislation and standards
- Prerequisite programmes
- Hazard cause and prevention (biological, chemical, physical, allergen)
- Best Practice
- Implement and review food safety management systems
It is a legal requirement that staff who are involved in a food environment are trained and/or supervised commensurate with their work activity. The responsibility for the supervision and training of staff lies with the proprietor of the food business.
Staff responsible for the development and maintenance of the food business’s HACCP based procedures must have received adequate training in the application of the HACCP principles.
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each Implementing Food Safety and Management Systems training session.
Onsite Implementing Food Safety and Management Systems training sessions are 3-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Implementing Food Safety and Management Systems course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification has no defined expiry date.
Participants are required to keep their skills up to date through ongoing continued professional development (CPD).
Course Entry Requirements
Participants are required to have previously completed a level 2 food safety course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.