MANAGEMENT OF FOOD Safety Training Course
The aim of the Management of Food Hygiene Level-3 Course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to formulate and implement a comprehensive food safety management system in the workplace and to organise the necessary training for their staff.
This course is suitable for persons in a senior role in the food production industry, hospitality, healthcare and catering sector i.e. catering supervisors, head chefs and management team.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
The Management of Food Hygiene Training Course HACCP course complies with requirements outlined by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland Level 3 guidelines in Food Safety Skills for Management. This course is also equivalent to the Designing Food Safety Management Systems Course.
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant standards and guidelines applicable.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of HACCP principles and their application.
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of biological, chemical, physical and allergen hazards and their causes, effects and implications.
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of hazard prevention.
- Demonstrate the skills required for designing, implementing, managing and reviewing a food safety management system.
- Basic Microbiology, Food Poisoning & Food Borne Disease
- Personal Hygiene
- Purchasing, Delivery and Storage
- Food Preparation and Cooking & Reheating
- Holding, Display, Service and Preservation
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Food Safety Legislation
- Pest Control
- Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Training Documentation and Records
It is a legal requirement that staff who are involved in a food environment are trained and/or supervised commensurate with their work activity. The responsibility for the supervision and training of staff lies with the proprietor of the food business.
Staff responsible for the development and maintenance of the food business’s HACCP based procedures must have received adequate training in the application of the HACCP principles.
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each Management of Food Hygiene training session.
Management of Food Hygiene training sessions are usually a 4 to 5 days in duration.
On successful competition of the Management of Food Hygiene course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification does not have a definite expiry date.
Participants are required to keep their skills up to date through ongoing relevant continuous professional development.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants are recommended to have previously completed a level-2 food safety course.
- Participant must also have experience of working in the food industry.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.