Managing Safely Construction Training
The Managing Safely in Construction course is particularly appropriate for Construction Managers, Project Managers, Contract Managers and others in a people management and project leadership position.
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills necessary to enable them to recognise the hazards likely to be present in the construction industry and the actions needed to control and manage them.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate why it is important to manage safely in construction.
- Describe their health and safety responsibilities as a manager in the construction industry.
- Define what is meant by ‘risk’.
- Appreciate the role of risk assessment in managing safely.
- Describe the risk assessment process.
- Identify appropriate risk control methods.
- Outline the legal system as it applies to health and safety.
- Outline the key requirements of the Construction Regulations (design and management).
- Appreciate the role and importance of a health and safety management system.
- Recognise common hazards.
- Identify ways to manage common hazards.
- Appreciate how accidents and incidents happen.
- Recognise the value of accident and incident investigation.
- Describe how to carry out an accident investigation.
- Appreciate the importance of measuring performance.
- Identify ways to measure health and safety performance.
- Appreciate the role of auditing.
- Recognise the impact of the construction industry on the environment.
- Describe how pollution and waste can be controlled.
- Outline the main elements of the environmental management system.
The course consists of 8 modules broken down as follows;
- Introduction to Managing Safely in construction
- Assessment Risks in construction
- Controlling risk in construction
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards in construction
- Investigating accidents and incidents in construction
- Measuring performance in construction
- Protecting our environment in construction
A maximum of 10 participants can attend each Managing Safely Construction training session.
Managing Safely in Construction training sessions are 4-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Managing Safely Construction course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification will expire after 3-years.
Participants are required to renew their training by completing a Managing Safely Construction Refresher Training course . Renewals should happen before the certification expires, or sooner if indicated by their company’s risk assessment.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Bring Photo I.D. on day of Assessment
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
- A practical assessment in the workplace
This post examines the situations whereby the non-accredited certificate telescopic handler course may be suitable.
This post explains how to apply for a temporary process number when the participant does not hold a valid Irish PPS number.