Managing Safely TRAINING COURSE
Managing Safely is an introduction course and its aim is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills they require to manage resource and risk in compliance with their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety. It’s designed to give participants all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams.
This course is intended for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety. Managing Safely is a high impact interactive course covering the health and safety management for managers and supervisors in any organisation in any sector.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On successful completion of the course delegates should:
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, Health and Safety Authority guidance notes and other information sources.
- Understand their responsibilities.
- Have the practical ability to manage health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessments.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of quantitative risk assessment techniques.
- Be able to implement risk assessment and control strategies.
- Identify workplace precautions, outline the provisions of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Understand health, safety and environmental management systems and their business benefits.
- Have a basic understanding of common hazards including; fire, electricity, working at height, stress, noise, vibration, chemicals and workplace transport.
- To identify the competent parts of a recognised safety management system and gain an appreciation of risk assessment within the system.
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident.
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting.
- Introduction and Overview
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Health and safety legislation
- Safety management systems
- Common hazards
- Active monitoring
- Hazards – Organization specific
- Reactive and Proactive monitoring
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each Managing Safely training session.
This Managing Safely course is 3-4 days in duration.
On successful competition of the Managing Safely course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification will expire after 3-years.
Participants are required to renew their training by completing a 1-day Managing Safely refresher course. Renewals should happen before the certification expires, or sooner if indicated by their company’s risk assessment.
Course Entry Requirements
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age
- Bring Photo I.D. on day of Assessment
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
This post is to assist you to understand the requirements set out in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Reporting of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences) Regulations 2016 (S.I. No. 370 of 2016). It explains why accident and dangerous occurrence reporting is required, what is reportable, what is not reportable, who should make the report and how the report should be made.
This post tells you what can happen when one of the Health & Safety Authority inspectors visits your workplace to carry out an inspection or an investigation.
This post explains the difference between the safety representative and the safety officer courses to assist you in choosing the correct course for your needs.