MENU PLANNING AND APPLIED NUTRITION Training Course
The aim of this Menu Planning and Applied Nutrition course is to provide participants with the knowledge and understanding to develop different types and styles of menus for varying uses.
This course is suitable for those interested in how food affects healthy living, planning menus for people with special dietary requirements.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion on this course participants will:
- Understand the influences of tradition, culture and trends on menu planning.
- Be able to develop different types and styles of menus for varying uses.
- Understand the principal nutrients in food and the functions, features and food sources of each nutrient.
- Be able to compile a range of menus to suit different types of meals for different categories of customers.
- Understand the role of nutrients in relation to diseases including obesity, heart disease and cancer.
- Nutritional influences on menu planning
- Food nutrition principles
- Nutrition’s role in healthyeating
- Emerging food trends including genetically modified foods etc.
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each Menu Planning and Applied Nutrition training session.
Menu Planning and Applied Nutrition training sessions are 4-days in duration.
On successful competition of the Menu Planning and Applied Nutrition course participants will receive an Accredited Certificate. The certification has no defined expiry date.
Participants are required to keep their skills up to date through ongoing continued professional development (CPD).
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.