MEWP INSTRUCTION Training Course
MEWP Instruction is also referred to as : MEWP Instructor and Mobile Elevated Work Platforms Instruction.
Participants who successfully complete this MEWP Instruction course will gain the skills and knowledge to successfully deliver MEWP Operator Training. This course is popular with both professional trainers and in-house trainers in larger organisations.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
The aim of this MEWPs Instructor course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to train others in the safe operation of MEWPs.
- MEWP Operator Training
Participants will complete the MEWP Operators course that they themselves will be delivering as MEWP Training Instructors.
- Legislation in relation to health and safety and working at heights
- Harness and lanyard safety
- Working at height training from MEWPs
including trauma suspension and rescue plans
- MEWP categories and features
- Safe operation of MEWPs
including pre-use inspections and operations.
- Identifying risks and hazards associated with MEWPs
- Spotter training
- Safety awareness and responsibilities
- Refueling and maintenance
- Operator theory
- practical assessments
- MEWP Demonstrator Training
This will involve more intensive practical training on the different categories of MEWPs including specialised MEWPs such as static booms (E.G. spider lifts / vehicle mounted)
- Training Delivery & Evaluation
Participants will learn and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to deliver the course material both in the classroom and the delivery of practical training with different categories of MEWPs.
- Recap and Assessments
The tutor completing a recap and review with the participants , and then an examiner will supervise and audit the theory and practical assessments.
The legal provisions governing MEWPs are contained in the:
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005,
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 (particularly Chapter 2-Use of Work Equipment and Part 4-Work at Height),
• European Communities (Machinery) Regulations 2008 [S.I.No.407 of 2008], and
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
A maximum of 4 participants can attend each MEWP Instruction Training session.
MEWP Instruction training sessions are 4-days in duration.
On successful competition of the MEWP Instruction course participants will receive an House Certificate. The certification will expire after 5-years.
Course Entry Requirements
Participants must hold a valid accredited training delivery and evaluation certificate.
The client is required to provide access to the MEWP(s) which the participants are being trained on during this course. The client is also required to provide access to the site for the practical and suitable space for trainer and participants to demonstrate MEWP maneuvers.