Mobile Elevated Work Platforms – House Certificate
Mobile Elevated Work Platforms operator training is also referred to as MEWP operator training and Cherry Picker training .
This course is designed to give the participants the skill and knowledge required to operate an MEWP safely and effectively. On competition of this course participants will receive a House Certificate which is suitable for MEWP operators in the Republic of Ireland. However, it is strongly recommended that contractors and operators working in the UK attend the Accredited MEWP training course.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
- Our standard MEWP operator course covers Scissor Lift and Self Propelled Boom, harness safety awareness training.
- However, we can provide training on:
- Scissor Lift
- Self Propelled Boom
- Vehicle Mounted Platforms
- Spider Type Booms
- The participant must be trained on each category they wish to appear on their certificate.
- Carry out pre-use checks.
- Refuel/ recharge MEWPs safely.
- Operate a MEWP safely, reducing the risk of damage or injury to operators and pedestrians.
- Use safe operating techniques.
- Correctly position MEWPs in relation to task requirements.
- Identify hazards associated with the use of MEWP.
- Identify the maximum load that the MEWP will support.
- Introduction to MEWP
Safety Health and Welfare at Work
General Application Regulations
- Safe operating practices
- Pre-use inspection
- Elementary operation
- Operating hazards
- Overhead hazards
- Ground conditions
- Explanation, demonstration and guided practice in the correct procedures to adopt when operating an MEWP
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005,
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 (particularly Chapter 2-Use of Work Equipment and Part 4-Work at Height),
• European Communities (Machinery) Regulations 2008 [S.I.No.407 of 2008], and
• Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
Up to 12 participants can be trained in a-day by running 2 sessions back-to-back, If ONLY 1 type of MEWP is to be trained.
However, public courses can vary in duration.
Course Entry Requirements
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- They must be medically fit to operate machinery;
- Wear suitable personal protective equipment (PPE): safety helmet, safety boots, reflective ‘hi-viz’ jacket, and gloves.
The client is required to provide access to the MEWP(s) which the participants are being trained on during this course. The client is also required to provide access to the site for the practical and suitable space for trainer and participants to demonstrate MEWP maneuvers.
Public Course Dates
Text Books Provided
MEWP Operator Courses