Pallet Truck Training Course
A power pallet truck or electric pallet truck, is a motorised wheeled device for lifting and carrying pallets. Pallet trucks are used widely used to carry and transport merchandise at ground level, assembling orders, arranging pallets, loading and unloading vehicles and a range of other tasks. Normally they are used in aisles and can handle two or three pallets at one time for the movement of goods. Operator training is vital to equip users with knowledge of the hazards & dangers associated with these trucks as these machines as there carry a high risk of lower limb injuries.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Know the legislation and guidance applicable to use of pallet trucks.
- Be aware of safe movement principles.
- Know how to correctly load the truck.
- Be aware of hazards associated with pallet truck operations.
- Use the pallet truck without endangering themselves and others.
- List the steps to take effective maintenance.
- Introduction to electric pallet truck.
- Safe operating practices and safety video.
- Elementary operation.
- Explanation, demonstration, and guided practice in correct procedures of operation.
- This course is designed to meet the requirements placed upon employers with regard to their duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2005 and the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
2 Power Pallet Truck Operators training courses can be held in the same location on the same day back-to-back.
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
The client is required to provide access to the power pallet truck which the participants are being trained on during this course. The client is also required to provide access to the site for the practical and suitable space for trainer and participants to demonstrate power pallet maneuvers.
Public Course Dates
Text Books Provided
Push-Pull Pallet Truck Courses