VDU Assessor Training Course
VDU Assessor Training is also referred: Visual Display Unit Assessor, DSE Assessor, Display Screen Equipment Assessor, Ergonomic Assessor and Workstation Assessor.
This course is designed for participants who wish to be competent in completing VDU Assessments for their office workplace. This course is a popular choice for HR managers, supervisors, and other office personnel.
Available as an Onsite Course
Available as a Public Course
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
Understand the requirements of the General Application Regulations 2007.
Understand the factors that constitute an assessment.
Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout.
Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations.
Carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on the methods of work.
- Overview of legislation related to display screen equipment – legal requirements.
- DSE/VDU risk assessment.
- Principles and aims of assessment.
- Principles of ergonomics and ergonomic risk factors.
- Hazard identification process.
- Perceived and real hazards of DSE work.
- Risk reduction methods.
- An introduction to the relationships between the individual, the task, the environment and the work equipment.
- Ergonomics assessments and Anthropometrics.
- Assessment techniques.
- Work related upper limb disorders.
- Review of helpful flexibility exercises.
- Overview of ergonomic accessories.
Regulation 72 of the 2007 regulations states that the employer must:
Ensure that the general use of the equipment is not a source of risk for the employee and perform an analysis of the workstation in order to evaluate the safety and health conditions to which it gives rise for employees, particularly as regards possible risks to eyesight, physical problems and problems of mental stress and, on the basis of that evaluation, take appropriate measures to remedy any risks found, taking account of the minimum requirements in Schedule 4 of the Regulations and any additional or combined effects of any such risks.
Course Entry Requirements
There are no special entry requirements for participants associated with this course.
There are no special site requirements associated with this course.
Public Course Dates
Summary Of Assessments
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Text Books Provided
VDU Assessors Courses